Archive for December, 2013

Ice Storm Power Down – Don’t Get Stuck In The Cold

December 22, 2013

Dear Friends,

So many of us are sitting in the cold worrying about our pipes, our children, our elderly and even our food defrosting in our freezers. Our phone systems and security systems are down. At the office our computer systems are down costing us thousands of dollars.

 I know of several of my customers that do not have these worries. They had the foresight to install a standby generator. With a standby generator, as soon as the hydro goes down, your home generator automatically starts to provide you with safe and steady power.

This year we had too many power interruptions. With the floods in the summer and now the ice storm in the winter it has become clear that we can no longer rely on our utilities to keep us safe.

Backup generators are simple and affordable and are a great investment in the safety of your family and business.

 

They range in price from $5,000 for a basic package  to $30,000 for a system that can power up a home of 10,000 square feet. All generator packages can be financed for an affordable monthly payment.

 

After today’s storm, I wanted to get the best pricing for generators and I made a special deal with my supplier based on a quantity of 20. I will be offering a special discount of $500 for the first 20 generators that I sell.

There are also even more affordable packages for manual gasoline generators to power your furnace and refrigerators/freezers. These have to be manually started and require you fill up the tanks with gasoline every few hours, but at least you have your heat and basic needs covered.

 

Please contact me right away to order your generator and take advantage of this limited time offer.

Best Regards,

Joseph Simon

Please visit my Blog for great information on the latest HVAC issues

Please check out our websites for the latest information on our products, services and specials.

www.premi-air.ca

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – Spread the word – Speak Out

December 8, 2013

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – Spread the word – Speak Out

Dear Community Members,

We the Korman family from Far Rockaway would like to share our personal Chanukah MIRACLE with you. Some of you may know who we are, and some may not, but our identity is not important because this story could be about you.  All day last Friday, my wife and I walked around complaining of headaches and feeling quite tired.  We made no big deal of it, as we are blessed with a 3 month old who likes to keep us up at night.  Friday night we thought to ourselves, wow our little munchkin must be growing, as she was waking up more than usual making sure we didn’t sleep much.  At about 6AM, during our infant feeding hour, our 5 year old daughter let out a wild scream.  We ran into her room to see what was wrong.  As we approached her, she looked at us with crazed eyes and screamed again and then her body went limp.  We took her to the bathroom where she began to retch and after vomiting she was slowly able to stand and move her body.  She then complained of a headache, so naturally like any Jewish parent, we gave her a wet shamata for her head and took her temperature.  As we were about to call Hatzalah, our very calm and loving 8 year old son screamed on the top of his lungs “I CANT TAKE THE CRYING!” (Referring of course to our baby which we left to fend for herself and she was letting us know that she was not happy about it.) We ran to his room and found him drenched in sweat, unable to stand, and retching.  Naturally we ran him to the bathroom.  Our 5 year old wanted to see what was happening so she got off the couch and as soon as she got into the bathroom vomited again, passed out and once again was unable to move her body.  We called Hatzalah, who we are so grateful to, and within minutes they were in our house measuring the oxygen saturation of our children.  Suddenly, the paramedic yelled “everyone out of the house and into the ambulance now!….we had carbon monoxide poisoning!

Carbon monoxide is a deadly, colorless, odorless and tasteless poisonous gas which many people never survive to talk about. We did not have functional carbon monoxide detectors at the time, Hashem was truly watching over our family.  When someone goes through such a situation you are left with the feeling of what do I do with this? Where do I channel it?   We have decided to take it upon ourselves to share our story and educate the public to ensure that this will never happen to you. 

We therefore ask you to check to make sure you have working non expired carbon monoxide detectors with backup batteries.  Call your alarm company to make sure you are covered for carbon monoxide and of course pass this lesson along to family and friends.    As we lit the candles Motzei Shabbos *Saturday night we had tears in our eyes and thankfulness in our hearts, as we were truly celebrating and understanding the meaning of a “Nais Gadol.” (a BIG Miracle)

Please share the message with your family and friends – you can save a life.