Carbon Monoxide Strikes Again

by

From 680 News
Barrie Fire says a 10-month-old infant has died after being found with carbon monoxide poisoning on Sunday morning.

Emergency crews were called to a home in the Barre Drive and D’Ambrosio Drive neighbourhood around 8:30 a.m.

They discovered a woman, a 10-month-old infant and a 3-year-old child in the home that had high levels of carbon monoxide.

The mother and infant were unresponsive and taken to hospital in life threatening condition. The 3-year-old was alert when firefighters arrived.

Samantha Hoffman with Barrie Fire told 680 NEWS the carbon monoxide levels in the home were over 300 parts per million

“The regular level is zero,” she said. “You’re at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning if you’re exposed to a small amount of carbon monoxide over a long period time or a lot of carbon monoxide over a very short period of time.”

Hoffman says the home did not have working carbon monoxide alarms.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: