Archive for the ‘General’ Category

Carbon Monoxide Kills. This could happen to you.

November 1, 2017

You got to read what happened to my BIL last night.  

It’s 2:55 am and I’m writing to you from Kimball hospital emergency room. 

Me and my family are thankful to be alive. We had a very big nes.

At around 11:45 tonight we were awoken to the smoke detector ringing and announcing “carbon monoxide”. Initially I was going to ignore it, shut it off and go back to sleep. I climbed up to try to shut off the detector and noticed a small sticker that said “you cannot smell or see carbon monoxide. If your carbon monoxide detector rings call the fire department immediately”. I still was hesitant so I called Chaveirim but they said that they can’t take responsibility and I should call the FD. We woke all the kids and took them into the car and called 911. A few minutes later Hatzola and the fire men arrived. Two fire men walked into my house and immediately told us to stand back as there is a very high level of CM in my house. 30 is considered dangerous and their meters read 120!! 

Hatzola advised us to take everyone to the hospital to get checked out. We came here and they took blood from each of us. All of our blood was high with gas! We were all put on oxygen and that’s where we are now at 2:30 am. 

I think I can easily say that if not for the רבש״ע watching us from above… who knows..It would have been a very sad story .

Advertisements

Honeywell Thermostat

July 28, 2017

We are very proud of our staff.
Special thanks to our technician John for his superb work and to Donna for taking the time to acknowledge.

http://homestars.com/companies/220814/reviews/577746

New AC

July 14, 2017

http://homestars.com/companies/220814/reviews/573072

New AC

July 14, 2017

http://homestars.com/companies/220814/reviews/573072

Day of Mourning – Lost Workers

April 27, 2017

Today is the day that we mourn the unfortunate and tragic loss of our dear workers that were killed on the job.

We need to take some time to focus on these tragic deaths and learn that no job is worth our health or our lives.

We need to be vigilant in always assessing and reassessing our safety in every situation, on every jobsite, at every moment of every day that we are on the job.

Let’s make sure that we can all return home safely to our families from work.

My thoughts are with the families, friends employers and co-workers of every injured or killed worker.

Please see the video below to commemorate our fellow citizens.

Carbon Monoxide Plague – Completely Avoidable

April 3, 2017

I have seen so many reports of CO poisoning in the past few weeks. It is devastating to hear these stories because all these injuries and deaths are completely avoidable. Proper maintenance by properly licensed and trained technicians would have kept all those poor victims safe.

Please see these links to the many sad CO deaths and injuries.

BD Death- CO Suspected

Michigan Boy Dies

Community Center Orangeville – CO Poisoning

Scarborough Restaraunt – CO Poisoning

Water Heater CO Kills Family

CO Injury

Wynne’s Green Revolution – Hold On To Your Wallets

May 16, 2016

Today in The Globe and Mail, it was reported that the Wynne Liberals, intend to spend 7 BILLION DOLLARS of your money over 4 years to slash Ontario’s carbon footprint. How will they do this? Well, the article in today’s paper exposes the secret 57 page Climate Change Action Plan that the Wynne government intends to execute. It is a sweeping 80 policies grouped into 32 actions that will cost our province as a whole and all of us individuals huge money in the next 20 years.

I am really interested in hearing from all my friends how they feel about this initiative and how it will impact Ontarians. Please read the Globe article and let me know what you think.

I am very concerned about electricity becoming unaffordable for average consumers over this period of time. One main change the Wynne government intends to impose on Ontarians is outlawing any form of the affordable natural gas heat we now heavily rely upon and force consumers and businesses to heat their homes with electricity. Whether by forcing them into extremely expensive electric, heat pump or geo thermal heat pump based heating systems, our costs will skyrocket.

We were recently hit with a massive rate increase because we were using “too little” electricity and the poor electricity generation monopolies complained of insufficient profit because of their reduced sales that were directly impacted by the installation of so many high efficiency systems across Ontario.

Now Wynne has the ideal plan to ensure that the electricity monopolies get the profits they want. By forcing every home and business to heat with electricity, the demand for electricity will skyrocket, and of course the rates will skyrocket as well, but the consumer will be severely battered on all levels. Firstly, the cap and trade tax which will raise the price of everything, then our heating systems will change to electricity which will drastically increase our heating costs and to make it even worse, our electricity rates will skyrocket.

I am very concerned that living in Ontario will become unaffordable for the average working class family. How many of us can afford to increase our budgets by 30%? I believe conservatively that this will be the cost of these revolutionary changes.

But as a heating and air conditioning contractor who is also an Accredited Geothermal Designer and Installer, I must thank the Wynne liberals for ensuring that every heating and air conditioning system in Ontario will require changing to very costly new systems in short order. This will definitely keep us contractors very busy and very profitable.

Higher electricity rates kick in for Ontario

May 2, 2016

Hello Friends,

Here we go again!

It is unfortunate that our electricity costs have quadrupled in the last 10 years and electricity is becoming unaffordable.  Upgrading to high efficiency equipment is no longer a luxury to save electricity, without high efficiency, I know many people who simply cannot afford to heat and cool their homes. Please see this article from the Toronto Sun on the latest rate increase.

 

Power to the people comes with an ever steeper price.

Source: Higher electricity rates kick in for Ontario

Low Interest Financing forFurnace and AC Upgrades

March 22, 2016

Hello my Dear Friends,

Have you been thinking about replacing your furnace, AC or water tank but it is just too expensive? Rental is out of the question due to the predatory interest rates that are being charged by the rental companies. Even financing can be costly. Well I have good news for you. The City of Toronto is offering homeowners and building owners very low interest rates for upgrades to  your heating and domestic hot water systems. You can get a 10 year commitment at 3.75%. This is simply unbeatable. Chances are if you take advantage of this offer, you will save more on your utility bills than what your payments will be so you will be increasing your cashflow from day 1.

As the summer is approaching and our hydro rates have drastically increased since last summer, most people will be shocked by their hydro bills this summer. You can protect yourself from this hit to your wallet.

Feel free to contact me to see how we can help you take advantage of this incredible offer.

Click here for more information on the Home Energy Loan Plan

Is your home safe? Carbon Monoxide Blamed for Killing Six in Michigan Family – NBC News

February 22, 2016

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/very-tragic-carbon-monoxide-blamed-killing-six-michigan-family-n523176